Begin thinking of mobile device security in a business situation. Select a fictional or real corporate or university environment that requires mobile access. Use the Q & A Forum to ask questions and discuss your ideas about the project.
Course Project Proposal (one to two pages, 35 points). Remember to properly cite any external sources used.
The proposal should contain the following items.
- Cover page
- Subject of the Course Project
- Name of the company or organization
Brief description of the company chosen
- Value proposition of the company
- Size of the workforce (students included if the company chosen is an academic institution) with respect to IT infrastructure needs
- Overview of the different types of mobile networks available in the company
- Overview of types of mobile devices and storage media used in the company
- Identification of potential mobile security risks
- Audience to whom you are presenting the recommendation(s)
Technical Report (four to five pages, 65 points). Remember to properly cite any external sources used. The technical report should contain the following items.
- Cover page
- Intentional versus unintentional mobility scenarios in the company
- Protection of data
- Physical protection mechanisms
- Logical protection mechanisms
- Protecting heterogeneous information
- Protecting data in motion
- Data protection models
- Using a device-centric or data-centric model for the case study; which one is better?
- Types of encryption employed by the company’s IT department
- Defense or countermeasures
- Deterrent controls
- Preventive controls
- Portable computer controls
- Smartphones and PDAs
- E-mail protection