Due Week 10 and worth 235 points
This assignment uses the information you have gathered for your weekly World
View Chart Assignments.
Choose ONE (1) category (origin of all things, nature of god, view of human
nature, view of good and evil, etc.) from the chart to focus on for this
assignment. Consider how the selected category relates to all of the religions
covered and to your own social or work experiences.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Select ONE (1) category from the completed World View Chart. Provide a
rationale for choosing this category. What is compelling about this category?
Why is it important in the study of religion?
- Describe the selected content and explain the significance of the selected
category across all of the religions studied. Show in what ways the category is
significant for each religion.
- Give an example of how you have noticed this category in your life, town or
country. What impact does this category have in the everyday lives of people who
practice religion in your area? (You do not have to give examples of all the
religions in your area, just one you have noticed besides any you practice). For
example, in Cincinnati, Ohio we have Hindu, Greek Orthodox, Catholic festivals
in the summer. So if my category were “Festivals and Celebrations” I could use
those events as my example.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources as references for the assignment
and document your sources using APA Style for in-text citations and references.
Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Write clearly and coherently using correct grammar, punctuation, spelling,
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Analyze what is meant by religion.
- Analyze the similarities and differences in the primary beliefs held by
major religious traditions and the cultures in which these religions
- Describe the varieties of religious experience and practice in a wide range
- Recognize how daily life within various religions and current affairs are
influenced by religion.
- Develop written pieces that demonstrate an analysis of a topic relevant to
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in
- Write clearly and concisely about world religions using proper writing
Click here to view the grading rubric.