Answer the 8 questions below, each question minimum of 150-200 words. Must be in APA format, please identify the questions on paper. Cannot accept more than 5% plagiarism, it will be submitted to TurnItIn. If you are referencing please do in-text citations.
References: Jacobs, F. R., Chase, R. (2013). Operations and Supply Chain Management, 14th Edition. McGraw-Hill Learning Solutions. VitalBook file.
***Feel free to use more than one reference.
*****Very very important, make sure you don’t fully reference answers, they must also have examples.
Ch. 15: Logistics, Distribution, and Transportation
- What is the meaning of logistics?
- How do firms go about planning and analyzing their logistics capabilities?
- If you could locate your new software development company anywhere in the world, which place would you choose, and why?
- What is required to make cross-docking a viable solution for a logistics provider?
Ch. 16: Global Sourcing and Procurement
- Why is it important for firms to focus on global procurement and sourcing?
- What are ways firms can be more efficient through improved global procurement and sourcing?
- How should firms go about making the decision whether or not to outsource?
- Why is it desirable to increase a company’s inventory turnover ratio?