Think about the sources of information you rely on the most and what makes those sources so appealing to you. For each source, ask yourself:
- Does this source always provide accurate information?
- Does this source provide original information, or does it share information obtained elsewhere?
- Is this source trustworthy? Why or why not?
- Can I use the information from this source at my job?
- Would I recommend the information from this source to others?
- How might others view the credibility of this source?
Act (due Thursday):
Before you draft your response to this discussion, be sure to read through the Week 4 materials.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words.
- In what ways can developing your information literacy help you in your personal and professional life? Provide at least one specific example.
- What types or sources of information that you have used in the past might not be appropriate for academic writing? Why?