Use an online resource, such as Yahoo! Finance, and identify two firms one with a beta more than 1.5 and another with a beta of less than 0.7. Please do not duplicate firms that have already been chosen by a fellow student. To help prevent duplication, please note your chosen firms in the title of your posting. Report your findings to the class by naming the firms and their betas, describing their products, and explaining why you believe the beta seems predictable (or perhaps not predictable) for the firms chosen.
- Build on something your classmate said.
- Explain why and how you see things differently.
- Ask a probing or clarifying question.
- Share an insight from having read your classmates posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Expand on your classmates posting.
Companies NOT to choose:
Tesla and Amazon
Walmart (0.26) and Weight Watchers (6.26)
Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) and AT&T Inc. (T)
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Inc. (BFAM)
Array BioPharma Inc. (ARRY)
DowDuPont Inc. (DWDP) 1.74 and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) 0.53
American Airlines Group AAL (1.55) & JetBlue Airways JBLU (0.34)
Bank of America (1.69) and AUDI AG (0.29)
Starbucks, beta.2. (SBUX), Fitbit (FIT), beta 1.67
Amgen Inc (AMGN) – Beta 1.53
General Electric Company (GE) – Beta 0.85