Review the case studies of Colleen M. and Xander L. located in the Juvenile Offender Case Studies document.
- Consider the processes juveniles follow after
arrest–from intake, through court, sentencing, and punishment or
rehabilitation based on the actual laws and practices of your state, or a
state with which your collaborative group is familiar.
- Locate at least two juvenile risk assessment
instruments in Nevada. Download and analyze these instruments. Discuss the
differences between the instruments found by your collaborative group.
Use this information in your Risk Prediction Presentation, due this
- Compute the risk assessment score for each of these
individuals using two of the risk assessment devices you located in
your Collaborative Activity this week.
- Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes in which you include the following:
- Summarize your risk assessment. •
- Compare the results you obtain for each individual from the two different assessments. •
- Indicate what additional information you would have liked to have had. •
- Recommend a potential correctional strategy for each of the individuals.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.