To facilitate discussion and keep it manageable, I’m going to split us into five separate groups. You’ll only be able to see the discussion for your particular group.
Please read this article:
Wade, Nicholas (Dec 31, 2015) “Gene Editing Offers Hope for Treating Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Studies Find” [online] The New York Times. Available: http://nyti.ms/1Ji2eoh (Links to an external site.)
After you’ve read it, post your responses to these questions:
1) What is this article about? In other words, what’s the purpose of it? Why did Wade write this?
2) What details stood out to you when reading? What caught your attention?
3) What do you know about Nicholas Wade? What can you find out?
4) Who is the intended audience for this article? Why was it written for the New York Times? What kind of reader is a NYT subscriber/reader? Why does that matter?
5) In your opinion, is this a piece of scientific writing? Why or why not?