Follow the guidelines for all review papers and write a 2-page assessment of an engine related accident addressing the theory of operation and performance of the reciprocating engine prior to the accident. Refer to the rubric for the evaluation criteria.
Review Paper Resources
- ATSB Accident Report AO-2017-063 – Jabiru J430 Accident Report (链接到外部网站。)
- At the bottom of the Final Report tab, select “+ Read report” or download the PDF to read the full report.
- Jabiru 3300 Description from Zenith Air – Jabiru 3300 Engine Performance Information (链接到外部网站。)
The Jabiru J430 is one model in a large family of two- and four-seat Australian light aircraft developed as touring aircraft and provided in kit form by Jabiru Aircraft.
- Engine Jabiru 3300A
- Aircraft serial number 763
- Registration number VH-OFR
- Year manufactured 2010
- Registered 20 August 2010
- Australian Civil Aircraft Register
Maintenance and Usage:
- Engine overhauled after 403.7 hours of in-service time. Manufactured in Feb 2010 … accident date 18 Jun 2017.
- Total engine in-service hours at time of accident: 816.2 hours.
- Hours accumulated since overhaul at time of accident: 412.5
- Days since engine overhaul: 2725 days Or 7 years 5 months, 18 days. Or ~89 months
- Average hours per month (4.6 hours) from overhaul to accident date.
- Engine total hours and months since aircraft new: average hours per month since engine new 9.1 hours, based on ~89 months
- Engine oil consumption 100 ml/hr