Assignment God and Human Life Ethical Reflection
Due Date: Aug 12, 2018 23:59:59 Max Points: 65
This assignment is designed to help articulate a biblical understanding of God’s involvement in the beginning and end of human life, and how this informs ethical decision-making.
Note that you will have the opportunity to reflect and write further on these issues in the Benchmark – Church and Politics Essay assignment that is due in Topic 7. Developing your thoughts carefully here can help you in writing the future assignment.
Each of your responses to the following questions should be 200-250 words and should include at least three biblical references and any additional references when answering the questions for this assignment.
- Drawing from Part VII (Chapters 22 and 23) of An Introduction to Biblical Ethics: Walking in the Way of Wisdom, explain God’s involvement in creating, sustaining, and overseeing human life. Refer to at least two biblical passages in your answer.
- How does a Christian view of the sovereignty of God inform ethical decisions regarding the beginning of life and the end of life?
- What should Christians do to help minimize the number of abortions that take place?
- How would you counsel a non-Christian who is responsible for the care of an aging relative who is requesting euthanasia?
- How would you discuss abortion with a non-Christian who is involved in performing abortions as part of a medical practice?
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.