Assignment 1: Inventory Management Systems
sister owns a small clothing store. During a conversation at a family
dinner, she mentions her frustration with having to manually track and
reorder high demand items. She would like an automated system but has a
very small budget.
Write a 4-5 page paper in which you create a plan for a low-cost automated inventory system in which you:
- Describe all the necessary equipment.
- Explain the costs involved in the creation of the system.
- Describe the ongoing maintenance that will be required.
- Provide a workflow diagram in Visio or equivalent software to illustrate how the system will work.
Your assignment must:
typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams
created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such
as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must
be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific Course Learning Outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the types of business needs that can be addressed using information technology-based solutions.
requirements for a system through a formal technique that enables a
productive change in a way the business is conducted.
- Use contemporary CASE tools in process and data modeling.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in systems analysis and development.
clearly and concisely about Systems Analysis and Development topics
using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.