Here (Links to an external site.) is a good list of non-profits you can search for ideas. You can also consider major professional organizations, as well as organizations at HCC or universities.
For this assignment, your job is to create a profile of the organization you would like to use as your audience for your resume and autobiography. This means that you will tailor your resume and autobiography to this audience by including information about yourself that this audience will find relevant.
For the profile, research your organization and find answers to the questions listed below. For your posting, use an FAQ format (this is popular among tech writers right now). That is, cut and paste the questions below into your Microsoft Word document. Write a brief answer to each question. Then, copy your completed FAQ into the discussion called Post Audience Profile.
- What is the full name of this organization?
- What is this organization’s main mission or goal?
- Is it a national organization? If so, how many chapters are there? Which chapter will be your client? If the organization is not a national one, what community or location does it serve?
- How many members does it have? How does a person join the organization?
- Who are the decision-makers? If you were to offer your services as a technical writer, who would interview you and hire you?
- What are some of the organization’s major projects, events, or services? Look closely at projects that are of particular interest to you.
- Any other information about the organization you find interesting or relevant
- Where can you find out about this organization? List the sources you used to get this information, such as websites, pamphlets, etc.
Your FAQ should be a minimum of 250 words.