- Select a job in which you are interested.(I choose General Manager of a professional basketball team)
- Identify at least five relevant competencies necessary for the selected job. Be sure to explain your reasoning for selecting these competencies.
- Research the three types of interview questions below and write three questions of each type (a total of 9 questions). Tip: look at part 4 below before you write your questions.
- The key to a successful interview is to make sure you are asking questions which relate to the specific competencies for which you are looking. Connect each of the interview questions in step 3 to a competency in step 2.
- Example: “Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker” relates to the “teamwork” competency.
- List five tips for conducting an interview (as the interviewer) and five tips for being interviewed (as the interviewee).
Be sure to document your sources.