Assignment: Professional Leadership Journal–Emotional Intelligence
This week’s self-assessment, located in your text, is a brief individual leadership assessment entitled, “Emotional Intelligence.” As mentioned in Week 5 of this course, understanding one’s emotional intelligence may increase a leader’s effectiveness in interacting with others to achieve organizational goals.
For this Professional Leadership Journal, take a few minutes to work through the instrument. As a scholar-practitioner in public health leadership, what may the test reveal about your Emotional Intelligence in terms of leadership?
The Assignment (2–3 paragraphs):
- Explain new insights gained based on your results of the Emotional Intelligence assessment
- Explain how these new insights might impact your role, or future role, as a public health leader
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
Nahavandi, A. (2014). The art and science of leadership (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 3, “The Foundations of Modern Leadership”
- Chapter 10, “Developing Leaders”
- Self-Assessment 4-2: Emotional Intelligence (p. 133)