Week One Topic: The Color Psychology of Red using the First Step of the Scientific Method
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, be sure to have read all the required resources for the week.
Find an experimental research study on the topic chosen in Week One
for your Final Research Proposal. You may choose to include an
experimental study which was included in the literature review you used
in the Week One assignment by searching the reference list for
experimental research studies on the topic. However, it is also
acceptable to find and include an experimental research study on the
topic that is not included in that literature review.
Identify the specific experimental research design used in the study.
Summarize the main points of the experimental research study including
information on the hypothesis, sampling strategy, research design,
statistical analysis, results, and conclusion(s). Evaluate the published
experimental research study focusing on and identifying the specific
threats to validity that apply to the chosen study. Explain whether or
not these threats were adequately addressed by the researchers. Describe
how the researchers applied ethical principles in the research study.
The Research and Critique an Experimental Study
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including
title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as
outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one peer-reviewed source in addition to those required for this week.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.