Write a 1,000-1,500-word analysis of person-centered counseling which fully explores the following categories:
- What makes person-centered counseling an effective approach for clients with a wide range of presenting issues?
- Describe the importance of genuineness being present in the counselor. How can a counselor maintain this quality with clients they may disagree with?
- From a person-centered perspective, describe the role of empathy in assisting clients through a successful therapy process. How would a counselor balance the necessity of holding clients accountable with certain issues while still aiming to present a feeling of empathy during their interactions?
- What is unconditional positive regard, and why is it important to the therapeutic environment? What are some strategies a counselor can use to help show this quality in their work with their clients?
- How have person-centered therapy qualities helped to form key principles of the ACA Code of Ethics? Provide three examples in your discussion.
Include at least six scholarly references beyond the textbook in your analysis.
Each response to the assignment prompts should be addressed under a separate heading in your paper. Refer to “APA Headings and Seriation,” located on the Purdue Owl website for help in formatting the headings.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This assignment is informed by the following CACREP Standard: 2.F.5.a. Theories and models of counseling.